Happy Peanut Butter Appreciation Day! Our favourite day of the year here at U HQ. Is that too much? Nah we’re just really big fans.
In honour of this special occasion we intend to make these beauties – chocolate peanut butter cups. We’ve shared the recipe so that you can too. They’re dead easy to make. The only challenge is keeping the ingredients long enough without snacking on them…
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 325 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 260 g smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60 g icing sugar
- Trim 12 paper muffin cases to half of their height.
- Place 1/2 of the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and stir over a bain marie until it melts. Check out the best way to melt chocolate here.
- Spoon melted chocolate into muffin cases, filling halfway. With a spoon, draw the chocolate up the sides of the cases until evenly coated. Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, icing sugar and salt. Divide into the chocolate cases. Melt the remaining chocolate, and spoon over peanut butter. Spread chocolate to edges of cups.
- Chill in the fridge until set and then ENJOY!