Are You Set For The Best Weekend Of Your Life?
We’ve been waiting all year and it’s finally here -Metropolis 2016 – Mother City
If you were there last year (and we were!) and thought that was good, this year Metropolis Festival is set to be even better! Seriously, we’re taking best weekend of the year here. Forget all the festival fun you had all summer – this is where it’s at. Taking place in the RDS (no tents, mud or trekking around!), we’ve put together a little rundown of all there is to see, hear, eat, drink and do…
This year’s festival line up is incredible, with performances from the amazing Miss Grace Jones, Moderat, Jack Garratt, The Sugar Hill Gang, Sura, DJ Shadow and Trinity Orchestra – who’ll be paying tribute to David Bowie by the way – plus loads more. Spoiled for choice here lads. Check out the full line up below…
Metropolis have teamed up with the Red Bull Music Academy and will be holding really cool talks, that look at the work of visual artists, authors, DJs, producers and promoters, concentrating on the creativity that goes on behind the music. Expect to hear from people like Underworld’s Karl Hyde, Wolfgang Flür, Alexis Taylor, novelist Matt Thorne, Saul Williams, Ralph Rolle and Hot Press’ Stuart Clark.
See and Do
There’s tonnes to keep you occupied once you’re there;
- Irish artists, James Earley, Charlotte Francis, Sums One and Rob McCann have designed a piece, commissioned by Bulmers
- The World’s Largest Mirror Ball, which is three storeys high. We’ve gotten a glimpse of it already and safe to say it will be clogging up your Instagram feed for the next few days
- The Andy Warhol Silver Clouds exhibition is there for you to explore
- Designs and creations from Algorithm, The Do LaB and a 16ft giant Metropolis ‘M’ with giant daises (which you can sign) to match
- The Repeal Project have a space that will be well worth checking out and supporting
Food & Drink
- Just Eat will be on the scene to keep those hunger pangs at bay with loads of different foods to choose from, plus Aungier Danger donuts for afters!
- A selection of bars will be on site and Absolut, Bulmers and Red Bull will have plenty of drinks and cocktails on offer throughout the weekend; like Absolut Diamonds and Pear Drops and Bulmers Forbidden Flavours and 5 Lamps Lager
The all-important After Party
Just because things come to an end at the RDS each night doesn’t mean that’s where the fun stops. No chance. All over Dublin there’ll be ten intimate afterparties – with shows from Modeselektor, Mall Grab, Wolfgang Flür, Icarus, Marcellus Pittman Unirhythm and Kormac Live AV. You can get tickets at the RDS itself and an extremely limited number of tickets available on the door of each venue, but only for festival goers.
Metropolis will be the first ever full Contactless Enabled festival, by Visa in Ireland, which means that every single pay-point on the grounds will have a VISA Contactless. In other words you’ll spend less time queuing and more time checking out the festival. Just tap, pay and walk away!
Tickets for Metropolis Festival are available from www.ticketmaster.ie or call 0818 719300.
Instagram @metropolis_festival #metropolis16