It’s easier than it sounds, promise!
Simple, more paired back looks have been making a big comeback on the red carpet recently, and the ‘less-is-more’ mantra has never been so relevant. Many starlets, both young and old, are opting to introduce a bit of retro glamour into their look by styling their hair in the ever-popular, Hollywood Waves. While it always looks timeless and seriously impressive too, you can achieve this look at home with a lot less effort than you would think. Follow these six easy steps to have beautiful, silver screen siren hair in no time.
You will need:
- Paddle brush
- Large round brush
- Hair dryer
- Large hair clip
- Curling wand
- A volumising mousse like L’Oréal STUDIO/PRO Volume Mousse
- A volumising hairspray like L’Oréal STUDIO/PRO Volume Hairspray
Before styling, hair should be freshly washed and dry.
- Starting at the top of the head, avoiding the roots, coat the hair with L’Oréal STUDIO/PRO Volume Mousse and comb through using a paddle brush.
- Work the mousse into the hair by taking a round brush and section-by-section wrapping the hair around it and drying, until you are left with a soft bouncy curl. Repeat this process with all the hair is dry and slightly curled.
- Again taking the hair in sections of about 1” in diameter, spray with L’Oreal STUDIO/PRO Boost Volume Hairspray and curl tightly using a curling wand. You will be left with an ‘Irish Dancing style wig’ for a little while, but don’t panic. Repeat this process until all the hair is curled.
- Taking a fine tooth comb, gently brush through the hair, being careful not to completely brush out the curls.
- Once this is complete, curl any remaining hair once more if necessary to create more definition and gently brush through again.
- Once this is complete, spray with the L’Oreal STUDIO/PRO Boost Volume Hairspray to hold any stray hairs in place.
Finish off your look with some winged liner and a slick of red lipstick and you’ll be ready to rival Hollywood’s best.